TERMS & CONDITIONS
DISCOVER GRAND PRIX IS AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY WHICH SPECIALISES IN THE CREATION AND OPERATION OF HOSPITALITY EVENTS AND TRAVEL PACKAGES AT FORMULA 1 RACES AROUND THE WORLD. DISCOVER GRAND PRIX IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE, AGENTS OR OTHERWISE OF FORMULA 1 AND NOT ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE FORMULA ONE GROUP OF COMPANIES. F1, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE AND GRAND PRIX ARE TRADEMARKS BELONGING TO FORMULA ONE LICENSING BV, A FORMULA ONE GROUP COMPANY.
THE CONTRACT WITH DISCOVER GRAND PRIX:
- The terms and conditions set out in this booking contract and important Information together with your confirmation invoice form your agreement between Discover Grand Prix and all those named on the booking form on whose behalf the party leader is acting.
- A contract cannot be made for young persons unless one member of the party is eighteen years of age or more and is the lead name on the booking.
- Discover Grand Prix and Discover GP are trading names of Elle Sports Marketing Ltd – company registration number #07776879 – Registered in England and Wales), with the registered office address at; 149-155 Canal Street, Nottingham. NG1 7HR.
- Discover Grand Prix and Discover GP are trading names of Elle Sports Marketing Ltd and are not official representatives, agents or otherwise of Formula 1 are not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE and GRAND PRIX are trademarks belonging to Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company.
THE CUSTOMER’S FINANCIAL PROTECTION:
- Items not purchased directly through Elle Sports Marketing Ltd or its trading name Discover Grand Prix, such as privately sourced flights, will not be protected under these terms and conditions, and may exclude other items from cover. Always check how a privately sourced element might affect your overall package and financial protection It is always best to buy the entire package from one source.
WHAT SHOULD YOU PAY US AND WHEN:
- Once a signed booking form and your deposit have been received; Discover Grand Prix will within 30 days (or if less than 30 days before your travel then within 1 week) confirm your booking.
- Your deposit is 10% of the gross (total) price of your Tour, and with this, we are able to reserve all the transport, accommodation and excursions that make up your Tour. If, for whatever reason, we are unable to confirm these bookings your deposit will be returned in full to a nominated bank account.
- The remaining balance must be paid two (2) calendar months before the date of departure. If the balance is not paid by this time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- The only exception is if a booking is made with less than 2 months until the departure date, in which case the full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- If you book your Tour more than five (5) calendar months in advance of departure, it may be necessary to ask for an Interim Payment in order to guarantee the quoted prices. This payment, and the times at which this payment is due, varies depending on the nature of the Tour, but you will be informed of this at the time of booking. As a rule, it is normally due three (3) calendar months after booking, but no earlier than nine (9) calendar months before the date of departure, and is not refundable.
- However, because prices of transport, accommodation and excursions change on a regular basis if you book more than twelve (12) calendar months in advance of your Tour, we cannot guarantee the prices, and they may change slightly before your interim or final payment is due. We will inform you promptly of any price changes.
- You can either call us to pay over the phone or directly online.
- If you pay online, you will have to pay the full amount in advance,
- In the event of any cancellation refunds you will be eligible to receive the same levels of refund as if you had paid in ordinary instalments, depending on how early you cancel.
- From May 1 2020, all refunds will be returned less any handling fees, which are equivalent to 2.4% + £0.20 of the transaction.
- If you pay online, we will contact you to confirm your booking details (full name, passport number etc.) before finalising your arrangements.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards, including Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit, Mastercard Credit, Visa Electron, and American Express. These payments are powered by payment gateway Stripe. If you would like to pay by cheque, please make it payable to ‘Elle Sports Marketing Ltd’. It is our right to refuse payment by cheque.
- When paying online a transaction fee of 2.4% + £0.20 applies automatically.
- If you wish to amend the booking at anytime an amendment fee of upto 5% of the cost of the Tour will apply.
- If the amended booking means a reduction in people then the booking may then be subject to under-occupancy charges.
- If you change your booking – If you wish to make any changes to your holiday booking, including name changes, once we have issued a confirmation invoice but outside the cancellation period outlined below, we will do our best to help. However, we may not always be able to meet your request and have no obligation to do so. Where it is possible to meet your request the total holiday cost will be recalculated in accordance with any new arrangements taking into account under-occupancy supplements, flight supplements, any applicable cancellation fees or other extra charges payable and a new confirmation invoice will be issued.
- We reserve the right to make an administration charge in certain circumstances, such as returning lost property, special travel document dispatch, extra administration relating to late bookings within 28 days of departure etc. The charge is usually £25 per person but may be higher to cover special travel document dispatch costs. This charge does not relate to making amendments to your booking.
- See Schedule 1.
CANCELLATIONS AND ALTERATIONS BY YOU:
- If you cancel the Tour, charges apply, as laid out in Schedule 2.
- You can request alterations to your Tour at any time, and we will accommodate these changes wherever possible, for an administration fee of up to 5% of the cost of the Tour per person. However, any costs incurred by the changes, for example any cancellation charges or lost deposits, will be charged to you in addition to the fee.
- Instead of cancelling your Tour outright, you could choose to make alterations to the Tour. In this case, your deposit and any other payments made can be put towards the new Tour, and it will be treated like any other alteration.
- If you have had to cancel due to circumstances beyond your control you may be covered by your travel insurance policy. We always recommend that you have appropriate travel insurance to cover your holiday. A travel insurance quote can be obtained from our website: discovergp.com/insurance.
- If you have had to cancel all or part of your holiday because your plane has been delayed or cancelled, you may be covered under the terms of the ATOL licence of the airline, and can therefore claim a refund from the CAA for any part of your holiday that has been disrupted by the flight.
CANCELLATIONS AND ALTERATIONS BY DISCOVER GRAND PRIX:
- The contents of our website have been carefully compiled and to our best belief at the time of publication, all facts given are correct and describe fully and honestly the holidays offered. Any changes will be notified to you as soon as possible.
- We will always try to provide the Tour that was booked. However, Tours are often booked months in advance, and unavoidable alterations may have to be made. We will always keep you informed of any changes. Where changes are necessary, we will always try to ensure they cause the least possible disruption to the Tour, and we will endeavour to take your wishes into account. You do not have the right to cancel the Tour based on minor, unavoidable changes.
- Any change in price due to an alteration by us will not cost you anything. However, if there is a change in price, but no change to your original itinerary (for example, a hotel has changed its prices), then you will be expected to pay anything up to 10% more than the original cost of the Tour. If the price rises beyond 10%, you have the right to cancel the Tour with a full refund.
- If we are forced to cancel a Tour because of ‘Force Majeure’ (which could include war, civil or political unrest, or cancellation or postponement of a Grand Prix), any reasonable expense we have incurred will be deducted from your refund. All refunds are strictly limited to the money you have paid us, and we are not liable for any other expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking. Your travel insurance may be able to cover these other expenses.
- On occasion, alterations may have to be made on the spur of the moment by the Tour leader or local operator, during the Grand Prix itself. These actions are taken for your benefit, either to enhance your safety, welfare or enjoyment, or because of matters beyond our control. You should trust the experience of the Discover Grand Prix representative, who will ensure any disruptions are kept to a minimum. If you incur any costs as a result of any changes like this, you can claim them back from us in writing within 14 days of your return.
EVENTS AND EVENT TICKETS
- When we book an Event ticket for you, our responsibility is limited to the arranging of the tickets.
- We do not have any responsibility for the supply, provision or conduct of the Event itself, and those responsible are not our suppliers.
- The tickets may contain important information and conditions, which you must read carefully.
- Tickets are non-transferable unless otherwise stated.
- Unfortunately, whilst rare, Events can be cancelled, postponed, rescheduled, abandoned or curtailed at short notice or even without notice. We make every effort to obtain and pass on to you up to date information regarding Events, players and tour representatives / celebrities. This information is based on details supplied to us but we cannot guarantee its accuracy or that changes will not occur. The cancellation or alteration of an Event, the non-appearance of a driver or advertised tour representative / celebrity or other changes are entirely outside our control and outside our contractual responsibility and we cannot accept any responsibility for them. No refund or compensation or other sum will be paid by us.
- We cannot therefore accept any responsibility or pay any refund, compensation or other sum for any changes in or cancellation of any advertised or confirmed programme or itinerary, even where this involves the cancellation of an Event, which may have been your main reason for making your booking. We will always do our best to find a suitable alternative, but cannot promise to be able to do so. If however, we obtain a refund from the organiser, this will be passed on to you.
- If you purchase ticket(s) for an Event other than through Discover Grand Prix, we accept no liability for the validity of any ticket(s) you buy. If you have purchased arrangements through us but a ticket separately and the Event is cancelled or rearranged, if we are able to change our services to coincide with the re-arrangement of the Event we will inform you of the changes and any addition or reduction in costs that may apply.
- In some cases we will not be able to alter Arrangements and we will continue to supply the original Arrangements, which we have agreed to supply you. This applies even where there has been the cancellation of an Event, which may have been your main reason for booking.
- In addition to the above, please also note the following important information:
- Venue Admission and Facilities
- Admission to venues is controlled by the Event organiser, venue officials and/or the police. Where we provide you with a ticket for an Event, our responsibility is limited to the provision of the ticket itself and this does not guarantee your admission to the venue. Your actions or behaviour or the behaviour or actions of others may result in you being denied entry to the venue. Such circumstances are beyond our control and we accept no responsibility if this happens.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for either the quality of any Event or venue facilities, or for any injury sustained in the venue or in the vicinity of the venue or during the Event (except where such injury is caused by our negligence).
- Venue and Ticket regulations apply which will be stated on your ticket or available on request from the Event organiser.
- Security for entry to venues may be strict. You will need to allow a time to go through the security arrangements, which, depending on the Event, may involve baggage checks and/or screening.
- Venue Admission and Facilities
- Replacement Tickets
- Event organisers, clubs, venues or Discover Grand Prix will not issue duplicate/replacement tickets. Discover Grand Prix accept no responsibility for lost or stolen tickets.
- Club/Association Membership Requirements
- The issuing of Event tickets may be restricted to supporters who satisfy certain eligibility criteria as determined by clubs or associations connected with the Event. We do not determine your eligibility for tickets but we have the right to refuse to accept a booking or cancel a confirmed booking where you have failed to comply with any club/association membership requirements advised to us by the club/association. Cancellation can be made any time up to the Event and any refunds will be at the discretion of Discover Grand Prix depending on whether Discover Grand Prix have incurred costs in relation to the booking.
- Use of Event Tickets
- For some Events, the Tickets we sell are for seats within a specific area/location of the venue. Where this applies details will be advised at the time of booking. Your booking is subject to cancellation if you are found to have breached these rules in advance of your attendance at the Event, or, you will be subject to eviction from the venue if you are found to breach these rules at the venue itself.
- Where we sell Event tickets in combination with transport or accommodation, it is a condition of sale that the transport / accommodation is used and the Arrangement is not purchased for the sole purpose of using the Event ticket. We reserve the right to withhold issuing the Event ticket if the transport or accommodation is not used.
- Re-Sale of Event Tickets
- Event tickets purchased through Discover Grand Prix are strictly subject to the Event organisers terms and conditions. The re-sale of Event tickets may be prohibited by the Event organiser, and in some cases, re-sale may even be illegal. You are advised to seek permission from the Event organiser before attempting to re-sell any Event tickets.
- Any competitions or promotional discounts we are running do not apply to our suppliers.
- Following the Terms:
- You will comply with the laws, regulations, and Discover Grand Prix’s Terms, whether in respect of health, immigration, currency exchange control or any other matters, of all the countries visited during the Tour.
- You will obtain a valid passport and visas, and have enough blank pages in the passport for the Tour. Many countries will require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after the Tour ends. Our team will be able to provide you with necessary guidance on obtaining visas, and more information can be found at our website: discovergp.com/visas.
- The Tour leader or local representative of Discover Grand Prix has overriding authority on your Tour. If you commit any illegal act during the Tour, or the operator or Tour leader thinks that behaviour is detrimental to the safety, welfare or enjoyment of the group or individuals as a whole, you may be excluded from that part of the Tour, or the entire Tour, without any right to a refund or compensation. Any costs incurred from this are entirely your own responsibility, although we will continue to provide advice and assistance where possible.
- You must inform us of any condition you may have that could be detrimental to the safety, welfare or enjoyment of yourself or anyone else in the group. If the representative or Tour operator believes that your health or fitness may jeopardise anyone’s safety, welfare or enjoyment, they may exclude you from any part of the Tour, without any right to refund or compensation from Discover Grand Prix.
- We reserve the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
BEING AWARE OF THE RISKS:
- You accept that, due to the adventurous nature of the countries visited, each Tour involves an element of personal risk and can be potentially hazardous or unpredictable, with safety standard and emergency services of a lesser quality than what you might be used to. It is an essential requirement that all passengers have appropriate travel insurance, have received all necessary medical inoculations before departure, and take malaria tablets where necessary. More information about the necessary health requirements in each country can be found on our website: discovergp.com/health.
- You accept that any personal possessions such as valuables, cameras or any money that is carried on any transport, or that is left in any accommodation provided by Discover Grand Prix or its suppliers during the travel are carried at your own risk. Discover Grand Prix does not accept responsibility for any personal possessions or valuables that are lost, damaged or stolen during the course of a Tour. It is an essential requirement that all passengers have appropriate travel insurance. A travel insurance quote and more information can be obtained from our website: discovergp.com/insurance.
- The responsibility of any airlines used is limited to the carriage of passengers and baggage in accordance with the conditions of their carriage.
- We take our customer service seriously, and welcome any positive or negative feedback to ensure we can maintain our high standards. Any complaints about your Tour must be immediately brought to the attention of the representative or local operator so that the necessary action to rectify the matter can be taken. If this fails to rectify the matter, contact us in the UK and we will deal promptly with your complaint. However, if by the end of the trip you still feel you have a valid complaint you must notify Discover Grand Prix, in writing, within two (2) weeks of the end of your Tour, so it can be effectively dealt with. You will always be given the opportunity to leave feedback upon your return from your Tour. If we are unable to reach an agreement with you, the issue can be taken to a Court of Arbitration.
- No servant, agent or authorized representative has authority to commit us to any liability whatsoever and Discover Grand Prix will not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by one of the directors.
- A director of Elle Sports Marketing Ltd and in writing may only waive the booking conditions. These conditions are subject to and shall be construed according to English law.
- Upon payment you show your willingness to accept our terms and conditions.
- You must be suitably insured either through our recommended partners, xxx, or with another insurer offering at least equivalent cover before you travel. We will add the cost of our insurance to your invoice unless you provide details of your insurer. You accept full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the named party comply with the terms and conditions of the travel insurance policy purchased. A travel insurance quote can be obtained from our website: discovergp.com/insurance.
- Should you while on the Tour choose to take part in any activity (e.g. hang gliding, hot air ballooning, white-water rafting, etc.) which can be deemed as being of a hazardous nature, it is essential to ensure that cover is provided under the terms of your travel insurance. The organisers of some adventure activities that you may choose to take part in whilst on holiday may request you to sign a waiver of their liability for risks involved. We must draw your attention to the fact that by signing such a document you may well lose any rights to claim for damages in respect of death, injury, or loss of or damage to property even if negligence on the part of the activity organiser is proven to have occurred.
- You are encouraged to seek out activities and excursions in the locations you visit, however, when privately booking local excursions or activities, any assistance you may receive from our local representatives does not imply they have acted as an agent or that these activities have been approved and are offered for sale by the company.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & OBLIGATIONS:
- Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates before departure date. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- You must be responsible for ensuring that any existing medical conditions or disabilities, which may require assistance, are declared to us before you book your holiday or, if newly diagnosed, before date of departure. We can only accept your booking upon the clear understanding that we cannot be liable if you do not inform us of such a condition and an airline or cruise-line refuses to accept you or any member of your party as a passenger.
- You must be responsible for the behaviour of yourself and your party. We reserve reasonable discretion to refuse your booking or to remove you or a member of your party from any Tour or holiday, if your demeanour or behaviour, or that of a member of your party, is disruptive, dangerous or annoying to other people. We will make no refund or payment of any costs incurred by you under these circumstances.
- Circuit Days / Sessions. It is a condition of a Tour where circuit days / sessions are available that all participants sign the indemnity provided for each track session. Essentially this means that you will be undertaking these activities at your own risk. Please note that participation in track sessions will not be permitted to anyone unless the indemnity has been signed by them.
DISCOVER GRAND PRIX LIABILITY TO YOU:
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that the travel arrangements that you book with us are supplied as described. If any part of these travel arrangements is not provided as promised, we will seek to offer appropriate compensation if this has affected your enjoyment of your travel arrangements. Our liability in all cases shall be limited to a maximum of 25% the cost of your holiday and in all circumstances shall only include accommodation.
- We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees or agents, or suppliers and sub – contractors, whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment, in the provision of your travel arrangements. We will accordingly pay you such damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under English Law or the law except where such failure or death, injury or illness is not our fault or that of our suppliers because:-
- Such failure is attributable to you or a member of your party;
- Such failure is attributable to a third party unconnected to the services provided to you; or
- Such failure is due to:-
- Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the party by whom this exception is pleaded, consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
- An event which the other party to the contract or the supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
- In respect of travel by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, our liability will be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
- Where any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions. Copies of the transport companies’ contractual terms, or the international conventions can be obtained on request during such a claim.
- Under EU law you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and / or compensation from us is set out in paragraph 5. If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority on 020 7379 7311 or caa.co.uk.
- If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity, which does not form part of your package travel arrangements, we shall at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs and benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to ourselves. We limit the cost of our assistance to you or to any one booking to £250.
- The law of England and Wales governs this contract and exclusive jurisdiction is conferred on the English and Welsh Courts. No Discover Grand Prix employee or representative has the authority orally to vary these terms and conditions or the information within the brochure or any company literature or enter into verbal agreements with our customers.